Thursday, December 30, 2010

letter #7

HOLA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!
The work is picking up so quickly and Im getting the hang of things so the emails will be shortened and the work will be increased until my mission comes closer to the end. This week has been incredible!!!! So many things have happened in such a short amount of time. Christmas started off with my comp hermana allen giving me all her stuff shes leaving here ahahah shes so cute! I also got a package from a very nice family from Buenos Aires living in provo utah! and a giant package from Elder Barajona with tons of stuff! THANK YOUUUUUU!!! and it started off with getting attacked by a big dog on the way to the church... that was lots of fun haha we were on our way to set up our next baptism so I just though to myself... Satan... when are you ever going to give up haha the rest of the day was great. Christmas was amazing with the baptism of Alexis Medina!!! He is a great kid! The baptism was very special to me because his older brother DavĂ­d who baptized him was my very first baptism here! He recieved the priesthood then baptized his younger brother on Christmas! what an incredible thing. It was also very amazing to hear the voice of my Mom and my sister on the phone. I didnt realize how much a missionary can miss the sound of their loved ones voices and laughter! I even miss the smell of my moms hair when she hugs me. Those are simple things of bliss that too often we overlook until we are a whole world apart for this long. Anyhow... the next day Estefania was baptized and it was perfect! We love her and her family so much. Also this week was really full of goodbyes for my trainer hermana Allen!!!! WHICH EVERYONE ESECIALLY ME LOVEDDDD!! and we had some of our investigators give us gifts they were so sweet! Hermana Allen gave the medina family her plaque and we all cried and said our goodbyes! we love that family because we got them all baptized and they are like family! WE packed up hermana allen and we ignore the fact that she is headed back to the states so we wouldnt cry. Today we headed to the church in San Fernando for transfers and I L O V E M Y C O M P A N I O N she is incredible en serio! her name is Hermana Romo and shes mexican from california she is so pretty and sweet and fun!!!! I love her already. We will be kickin butt out here on this transfer and we plan to work very hard. wish me luck because I NEED IT!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALLLL BUT IM SO caught up in the work that I gotta go we are short on time and things need to get done. MOMMY I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!! JOCE YOU TOO! ROBIN you are increible thank you for your email and support and encouragement! WOOGIE I LOVE YOU WOMAN, TAL YOU TOO YOU ARE ALL SO SUPPORTIVE!!!! and to my friends that faithfully write me... thank you.... it means everything to me!!! I love you all your in my prayers... with love, chao!
 
XOXOX HERMANA GILLUM

No comments:

Post a Comment