Monday, February 6, 2012

That's better

Okay so last two weeks: really really rough, but this week... wow! We found some very special families! We had interviews with President and it was so inspired, that man looks more and more christlike to me each time I see him and it shows in his character. He taught me the most in this last interview that ive ever learned in my mission and i will never forget his counsel. I will apply it the rest of my life. He truly is a disciple of Jesus Christ. I felt a wave of peace come over me and extra strength this week just by applying what he invites us to. I feel so blessed to be here. Its interesting training someone new to the mission because they talk alot about home or how different it would be to serve in the United States but I told my comp that serving here gives us more opportunity to do the little things that christ would have us do. For instance all the little tribe looking children that run around in their little underwear all dirty in the streets and shack homes, and we can just go up to them and feed them bread and candy. or when we find them lonely and crying and the parents no where to be found we run up and wrap our arms around them and hug them and the first thing they see is our mission plaques with Christs name on it. They can sense that we are sent from God. Children move me in a way i cant describe. They really inspire me to be better and give more. We have found some great people that are super awesome! I cant wait to tell you guys about them more later. we gotta go but thanks so much for your letters of encouragement. it shows a lot of love that you guys have to comfort the lords missionaries and keep us motivated. Mom, im very proud of you and cannot wait to go to the Temple with you when I get back! Im so excited to hug all of you guys in my arms again. Im going to squeeze the breath right out of Jocelyn. And yes i will love to be at Dylans baptism i wouldnt miss it for the world! Remember to not just Pray to stay good, but Pray to keep far from tempation, and pray with all the energy of your heart to do so. When you stay away from tempation its impossible to sin and when we aligned our lives with the Lords perfect example and teachings, we find the most happiness! Do the little things and everything great will fall into place! President has really taught me alot about this doctrine throughout my mission and im very appreciative. We are most happy when we are serving others as Christ would. See you guys soon,
love you all

Oh and p.s. I forgot to tell you guys, we had a huge flash flood when we were riding our bikes and far from home and the street turned into a mudslide and rushing river of water! we got soaked and it was a disaster but we just laughed really hard the whole way home because we said " NOW THIS IS A MISSION!" haha ill send you pics next week! they are pretty sweet!
hermana ashley ann gillum

No comments:

Post a Comment