Monday, May 9, 2011

Lovin it....

Hey! Wow you guys, SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED! I couldn´t be more happy with where I am then right here right now. Almagro is wonderful in every way. This city is like New York mixed with Los Angeles Spain and TJ mexico haha it has a little bit of everything all mixed in one huge city. We live on the tenth floor and minus all the cochroaches its the greatest view ever! Every morning we wake upo and say, wow... look at all the opportunity out there! There are billions of people needing the message and service we are here to freely bring. Theres nothing more fulfilling than knowing we are bettering the world a little at a time and doing our part to show a little more love in a world that often forgets how to love. A world that often sits in the midst material things with a frown and so many people searching for something more to fill their needs. I am so grateful to know what I do. I have experienced so much this last week. The world is beautiful. Especially Argentina and Capital. I love this city so much. I have seen some of the most beautiful people ever and the children here are all models. Everyone has different styles and very unique features and way of speaking. I have been speaking Castellana (ARG. español) todo día cada día con mi compañera Hermana Moreno. She is from Nicaragua and its been such a great time learning so much from her here. She has a very strong personality and she is strong in the work. We work really hard together. Its a good balance for us. The ward here is incredible!!!!! Its so solid! The Bishop and the Ward Missionaries and Mission Leader... everything is so solid! This ward is so loving and appreciative of all of the missionaries and they love to help out. So we have really set high goals for this month. We have no doubts that the Lord will work miracles through our obedience and dilligence. Im so glad that I was stationed in Campana for 6 months to have gained the humility that I have now and the charity that has increased in my heart for this work and these people. Im just full of gratitude for all that I have and I always want to share what I have.
  So I never thought that this would happen but Im a Missionary AND an English Teacher! Every Saturday for service, I teach an English class at our Church for all of our Investigators and members in our stake to come and learn and then we explain Gospel terms in English and Pray together in English. Its wonderful to help these people because when they know how interested we are in them, they really become interested in WHY we have the desire to be. We have had a lot of success. Also the work is growing, so we have newly called 6 other ward Mission helpers. We will be meeting often and working hard.
  I also never thought this would happen but we are teaching some people from India that are here for school. They hardly know any english and only two words in Español so its difficult but it is really funny to try and communicate with them. Its the spirit that matters anyway and thats sufficient. We are also teaching a married couple from China! They also know very little Castellana but we were able to get ahold of a Gospel Principles book for them in CHINESE! Listening to her read it and watching her eyes light up was so cool! She loves learning about everything.
  We are going to be working with members like crazy in our lessons because that will bring us success just as the 1st Presidency of the Church has promised. We Have also been strengthening recent converts. One is from Ukraine and she speaks Castellana perfectly. My trainer Hna. Allen baptized her and she is such a fun and sweet person. She is beautiful and whacky in all the best ways. She reminds me of Kierstie Leavitt. I Miss you Kierst! Also we have visited with Tereasa Pernía and her wonderful family. Her husband is famous for playing professional Futbol all around the United States and for Argentina and is now coaching for my fav. team here in Capital Boca! His Brother is famous for racing cars professionally and just won yesterdays race, making the headlines. So yesterday when we were at their house to call our Mothers for Mothers Day, they were all pretty excited about the success. She is like a model, her husband is like David Beckham and they work hard to be really great parents. Their boys are adorable. They all speak English and Spanish very well and they all play Futbol ofcourse. They gave me a jacket to use if I go to the South. Its a jacket that BOCA just gave her husband to use. She has so much desire to help other people. It was such a blessing to have dinner with them and be able to call our Mothers there.
   We have seen so many miracles already! We have recieved a lot of revelation for what we can do at this time and we plan to keep moving forward. We are teaching a man who is currently homeless and we invited him to eat with us at a members. It was so neat to see him interacting with the members and so happy. He will be baptized this Saturday! His name is Juan, pray for him!
We also have Alexander who will be baptized the end of this month and two other possibilities that we are going to go visit today and see how we can help them. We are full of energy and all is well!
 It was amazing talking to you on the phone for Mothers Day mom. I really miss hearing yoru voice every day. Its crazy how much a daughter can miss her Mother (and sister) ;) I love you all so much. Taizley Ella WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY YOU BEAUTIFUL LITTLE ANGEL! I CANT WAIT TO HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS!!!! Congrats Ry and Alesha! Jocey, you are my girl, keep doing well in School! hope you all had a great mothers day!! you are all in my prayers!

WITH ALL THE LOVE I CAN MUSTER....
hermana ashley ann gillum yours truly

No comments:

Post a Comment