Monday, November 29, 2010

Argentina #3

HOLA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!
I absolutely LOVE you all for the support and all the prayers! I feel
every single one of them so thank you its much needed out here. Wow
I´m never sure where to begin but this is such an amazing time in my
life! Nothing compares to this! I have had my heart broken over
matters before but the way these people tug at my heart strings doesnt
even compare! My love for these people and this gospel is so strong
and I have had several experiences that proves it to me daily. I
desire so much to help any and every single person we come across but
with that desire comes heartache when those people become like family
and they take the lessons, they read the book of mormon, they pray,
they go to church, they see miracles happening in their life then for
no reason at all.. they dont want to press forward. They give up. No
matter what I do or say its not enough and thats the worst feeling in
the world. Some are more prepared than others and we just have to
accept that and wish them the best. The children are my favorite part
because ARGENTINE kids are by far the CUTEST kids ever... besides my
fam ofcourse but really they are so dang precious! They love soccer
its everywhere! Everyone here is so humble and they keep everything
until its all used up and broken haha. Its always an adventure,
sometimes I see families of 6 people on one tiny old beat up dirtbike
flyin down the road with bags and boxes haha. They make due with
whatever they have and its awesome haha. I live in Campana which is
more outside the city buildings right now and I was able to go to
Capital Buenos Aires which is the city on Wed. which was amazing! I
went with the Crofts sen. couple to go speak to Hermana Ottoneli and
she is an amazing woman. She helped me out a lot. The Crofts are from
Toole Utah and they are so much fun! We had a good time sharing
stories on the way. There are SOOO many many people in the world of
such different backgrounds and culture and its amazing to see all the
varieties. There was a little bit of everything in the city, buisness
men to hilly billies and I had a smile the whole time because it was
so interesting. The beauty of Argentina is amazing. The trees are HUGE
and everything is so green I took a bunch of pics so ill have to send
some in an attachment after this. pics take a long time though. We
have several baptisms lined up! Estoy MUY animada! Me encanta
Argentina! So it turns out, that my Trainer Hermana Allen is wayyy
sick so I avoided the same area as her for a while and downed all the
Vitamin C I possibly could but sure enough Hermana Keele and I are
also sick. Fever and exploding headache but still have to work in the
humid heat! No bueno but beats sitting at a home with bugs hahaha They
dont have good medicine out here anyhow and theres no such thing as
public bathrooms so when we have to throw up... we pretty much have to
find a garbage and keep going haha its the life of a missionary and
its an adventure. We have made so many friends and all these people
are like our family. I love my companions, Hermana Keele from Orem Ut
is a total sweetheart and so pretty! and Hermana Allen is amazing!
Shes from St. George also and Highland Ut. We know all the same people
too. Her boyfriend Nes is in Brazil on his mission and they are both
almost finished. I love the Elders in our district they are very
respectful and mature and humble also. Every single day that Im here
im like wow, im finally here.. in the middle of Argentina.. on my
mission... this is amazing. Its so great to see my various life events
that led up to being so prepared for this. Im so grateful for this
opportunity and so grateful to all the great examples that Ive been
able to see and learn from. I know that ive changed my career plans
like 4 times now... but I have to be honest and say that being out
here gives me many ideas.. haha we will have to see when I get home
but I definately dont want my mission to be the last of my rescue
service in Argentina. I hope to be a part of something really big in
the future also. I want to do all that I can. Ill never again in my
life take anything for granted when I get home. Im so blessed. I love
you all and wish you all the happiness in the world on each of your
journeys! My journey has been difficult here but of the greatest value
to me and I thank you all for being a part of it. Letters take much
longer to get to me than I thought because they go to the office two
hrs from here and we dont get them until an Elder comes down to our
area so we wait for a long time. sorry if i havent responded, now you
know why so if I could get emails and address through email it would
be much appreciated! Thanks! Much love until next time, hope you enjoy
the pics!
Con Amor, Hermana Gillum

No comments:

Post a Comment