Monday, November 22, 2010

Argentina Baby!!

So heres the latest news.. WOW the world needs the gospel SOO badly! Well first off, Sunday was our last one in the MTC so we were very busy preparing to leave for our country. Packing to weigh the perfect amount was really difficult for all of us but we somehow got it done with the Lords help. I was asked by the MTC president to give my conversion story in front of 400 sister missionaries and it went awesome, it was a blessing to be able to bear my testimony of what I learned so far. A lot of sisters ran up and gave me thank you letters after and I was grateful to have helped say something meaningful for them. We all sang our last hymn in sacrament that we had been pracitcing. Its a spanish missionary hymn on page 88 and its not in english. It sounded awesome and we all looked up to see our teacher in the very back that stepped in to watch us sing one last time and he was crying so it made us all cry. He really loved us and we felt it everyday. We said bye to our district and headed to our rooms for the night where several other sister missionaries came to our door giving us leas of flowers and singing GOD BE WITH YOU TIL WE MEET AGAIN and it was beautiful with all their different nationalities. we all felt so loved and appreciated. We got on the bus and everyone loaded all their stuff on which was so exciting to get of the mtc and see the real world again! We got to the airport, called family, and left for Atlanta. I Bore my testimony and read the book of Mormon to this 20 yr old girl who was 4 months pregnant and had no where to go so she was heading to Florida to find her mother. I told her that she can start over and leave her passed behind. She was in pain and was nauseaus so I rubbed her back for her and told her that she is a beautiful daughter of God and he loves her. She cried to me expressing that she really needed to hear that. (thank you holy ghost) I read a chapter to her and invited her to seek out the missionaries in Florida and told her that it would change her whole life for the better! She agreed that she wanted to and we parted ways. That place is no place for a white missionary! Black people really gave us hard times and this guy was yelling out all his beliefs at me, calling us names and we all just kept walking with a smile. The whole time in the airport the black people everywhere were glaring at us and saying how cursed we are hahhaa. On that next flight to Buenos Aires we talked with many Argentines and had a very uncomfortable flight all the way to Buenos with a lot of rough turbulance and no possible way of sleeping. We arrived at 8 a.m. and all of us missionaries had bloodshot eyes and huge smiles that we were here at last! Argentina! Its gorgeous and green everywhere and Buenos is a huge city! The food is amazing and the birds fill the trees. But to tell you the truth i am scared. Im sooooo wierded out by this place. hahaha talk about stuck in the early 80´s! people try to hit you on the street every chance they get and nobody follows the laws. EVERYTHING is different here. We have tons of bugs in our shack apartment and its all broken and falling apart. this computer is like the first one ever made! hahaha we walked from out place 4 miles to get here. I miss america but this is a whole new adventure. Its muy triste (sad) sin is everywhere. we will be blessed for finding the lost sheep in this work.  this keyboard is  all spanish so its a little wierd to get used to. its a wierd internet store with about six 1995 computers and bars all over every window! the cars, the streets, the fashion, everything is so wierd. haha. >This store clerk speaks sooo fast! He is really really into the Boca soccer game thats on right now. ARGENTINA loves there futbal! people either love us or hate us ive noticed. We had a ton of people call us names and guys say really dirty stuff as we walk by but we just keep pressing forward with this work and do our best. we live in like an old half abandoned brick building by they old freeway and theres trash everywhere. our place is like infested with huge bugs.huge cochroaches and spiders.. mmm my FAVORITE!!!! My two comps laughed when they saw my facial expression, glad they got a kick out of it, im loading up on grocery supplies and bug spray after this. before we have to go tracting in the slum area, (area we are near at the moment because elders there left) scary stuff but im going to go where im needed. Im terrified but I know the fear will go away once Im hear a little while. The language isnt so bad I can understand a lot of what ppl say but I do need to always work hard and study. we have to cook and clean on a broken stove and in a really old rusty sink. the toilets are WIERD! Eveything here is dirty so i wash my hands constantly. >Theres huge trees out here though and its gorgeous! kids run around barefoot everywhere and motorcylces go on the sidewalk. its nuts. We relaly stand out here. I love our mish president and wife they are so amazing! The food here is SO good and the fruit is to die for! WE WALK A TON! I already have blisters on my feet. We went to the banko and i got pesos that look like fake money but they are so neat! This work is SOOO hard, so scary, but so worth it! hopefully i can get all unpacked and get some rest tomorrow after i get all the bugs off my bed and the ceiling! Its so humid and hot but im enjoying the hot part. I heard I might have to get sent down to the bottom of ARG. which is now part of buenos aires norte, where the penguins are!!!! I dont have any warm clothes either! ill have to buy some but i dont do well in the cold i pray that i will not get sent out there.  i miss america haha but i love this crazy amazing adventure. my comp is leaving soon and she is so sad to leave, i know i will feel the same. Argentina will become a part of my heart. its awful and amazing all at once. bye for now I love you all and i apologize for my limited time to update you all but i want to let you know that all your sweet support means everything to mean and I deeply love each and every one of you so much!!! ill be sending pics!
keep prayin for me, you are all in mine! always!
 
xoxoxox
con amor, hermana gillum, your Argentine missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment