Thursday, August 4, 2011

3 baptisms

Well... Dont have time to say much or to respond to some letters... sorry! i will have to next week!
We went and played futból today at the church and it was a blast. I love playing futból with the latinos because I can learn more from them and they are all great missionaries and people.
Learned alot about myself this last week. Alot about my companion and how to work better with her. Shes tough to figure out. I feel a lot like the girl on the movie Errand Of Angels who just cannot seem to make her companion happy no matter what she does or tries. I cant figure out how but im going to continue to try. She is a wonderful person, but... she is a hint dropper.... I am a communicator... If I think or feel something... I explain it. She just drops me hints and is frustrated when I dont understand. That is the hard part for me. 80 percent of the time she doesnt like talking and im a talker... and the other percent she talks its usually only a few words. Im a huggy-lovey person, and she really dislikes to be touched or people in her space... so this for me is also new. Im just learning things from her that Ive never understood before. Im not going to try and change her because shes special the way she is but I am going to adjust my ways to make her more comfortable... I feel like this is preparing me for the tough spots in marriage in the future. haha. Its all fun in the beginning without complications but with everyday life, things happen that are not so fun and marriage to me, is all about giving it 150% not just 50-50. So this is where I adjust my habbits to do more to serve her. Yeah its tough.... but its needed. It will be better for the both of us and its what the Lord wants so Im going to do it.
Its just that we are very opposite people and its very hard for me to get used to but im completely depending on the lord and he has been guiding me. Im super happy to be doing His work. We have seen so many miracles! Thats the one and only thing we have in common... we are missionaries. We have a desire to serve in this work and put the things of the world aside to serve these people. I feel so different then before I left. The Lord has changed me for the better. I have never been this happy and grateful for an experience like this. People have been hacking into my facebook because the members here who are waiting for my acceptance tell me when things pop up on there and really im just going to want to delete my entire facebook when I get home because I dont ever want to be wrapped up in that. I want to live my dreams and bring back a better person then I was before, with greater faith and confidence.
I learned a valuable lesson from our zone leaders which called us to see if they could help my comp see things differently and be more happy and I learned a lesson about leadership.
A leader takes more fault and blame then neccessary, and less credit then what is due. I definately learned to pray more fervently for the gift of chairty and patience. I have learned that when people are new into the mission field and fresh out of the world, they lack the knowledge gained on the mission and they have a vision of "a perfect missionary" for their leader. When that "perfect idea" they have in mind doesnt match up to what they expect they very quickly want to critique and pick you apart. Its amazing how they will try to find every single flaw you have and magnify it even more. Ive learned to just let it go and instead of explaining how we sometimes do things differently when the spirit directs, I just nod my head and say, "yes hermana, thank you ill work on that." Then like our district leader said, when she sees my example to constantly strive to be better she will follow my lead more and the lord will help guide me.
Im really impressed by the gifts of the spirit im recieving... its incredible to recognize, that when the Lord calls us into a higher position of responsability he shapes the back to bear the burden placed upon it just as our Prophet says. I have a much greater memory, strength, patience and calmness that I can do this with the Lord as my guide.
I have really been impressed with the blessings we have seen for being exactly obedient in all things. We watched three young girls step into the waters of baptism and I was full of joy. We watched them all get confirmed with their father and It was a beautiful sight to see that family and picture them all together in heaven with pure happiness. I said a prayer in my heart to be able to bring all the families to this happiness. Thats my true desire. I want this peace and happiness for everyone.
We have a BBQ planned for us at the house of President and His wife next pday and Im looking forward to seeing them. They are like parents to all us missionaries. It amazes me how much they all do. We couldnt be having this success in the mission without their guidance in the mission. Its obvious why they are here now at this time. Im so grateful for this position as a missionary. I love the mission so much.
Til next week take care guys I love all of you!!!!! xoxoxoxox
 
love ashley ann gillum

No comments:

Post a Comment