Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Heart is Full

Dear loved ones of mine,
First of all... General Conference... WOW! Wasnt it so amazing! While watching conference I often think of the people in my life whom have taught me about the special topics spoken of, and therefore each of you can be confident that you have touched my life in some great way and I did think of you during conference. I filled the whole last half of my journal full of inspiration and goals for this year. We are so blessed to have a living Prophet and apostles of the Lord guide us in these Latter-Days to prepare to be better and more like the Savior Jesus Christ. To not have fear of the end of the world, but to look forward in joy and faith that we are so blessed to know His glorious plan for us and our families. We are not a people of fear, but of faith and endurance and our religion is love, service and hard work. We believe in a life of much sacrafice to do the will of our Father in Heaven at all times no matter what circumstances! I will have to write you next week of all the notes I found to be helpful but this week we dont have much time to write so I think Im going to let you know what I included in my weekly letter to President because Im in so much gratitude to him especially this week. SO here it is:
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Hope you know that all of your missionaries down here in the south had you in mind and in our prayers for all of your hard work dedication and sacrafice! We look up to you and Hna Gulbrandsen and are grateful beyond words for what you are doing for the Lord everyday.
You were very inspired to have the mission study Mercy and Justice this week. My companion and I learned more this week than ever. We applied our revelation from that study to our lives personally, to our companionship, and to our investigators which brought about many miracles. One being a tremendous change for the better in our companionship and in our faith, another being the Greater preparation to really ponder the "Christ attribute activity" from Preach My Gospel and apply it while listening to General Conference! ALL OF THIS YOU HELPED US WITH BROUGHT THE BAPTISM OF Natalia Soledad Diaz Jofre (21 years old and wants to serve a mission) which means so very much to us. This girl means everything to me. EVERYTHING! We have never seen such struggles of Satan throwing literally everything at us that he could to hurt us and slow us down and stop her from being baptized. But with all of your counsel, with your inspiration to listen to the Lords promptings and heed them while inviting us to do the same, we worked very hard to bring about the will of the Lord and help his daughter enter the waters of baptism this sunday after conference at 8:00 pm. We sang a musical number and we surrounded her with love. Im emotional while typing this because im so grateful for how full my heart is.
President, you once again need to be thanked sincerely for all you have taught me as a servant of the lord. My life is forever changed for what you continue to teach me through your love for our redeemer Jesus Christ. My heart is broken and spirit contrite. I realize that I as to my own strength am NOTHING. I owe the Savior everything! and this weekend was one of great reflection and emotion for us. Im learning a lot from my companion she is original, a genuine person of much love and strong testimony. Her faith is helping me to build mine and we are feeling more confident that we are truly working hard and finding his children who are prepared. We do not have much time at all so we must go... but President, thank you. Thank you for the salvation you are bringing to these priceless souls. The spirit felt at this baptism is not able to be explained in words, we are confident that although none of her family wanted to attend her baptism, she valiantly stood without them there and we felt angels fill the room. We felt as if we had baptized someone with a great work to do in this church. She is special we just feel it. All of our zone was so happy and she couldnt stop crying saying repeatedly... "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for saving me. I feel so far from all my pain and mistakes! thank you for this light! The atonement is real, I know what you have taught me now, I know why this is so important!" President this baptism was the most spiritual ive ever seen in my mission yet. Thank you for strengthening our mission with your ears that hear, eyes that see, and your faith to follow. I desire so greatly to follow all the promptings I recieve of the spirit no matter how subtle because you have shown me that it brings miracles! We love you all so much and so does the Lord! While watching the apostles of the Lord speak, I was touched by the spirit of power and I recognize so much of each of their spirit in you. As Diane S. Dalton spoke about women of virtue and love, We thought of Hna. Gulbrandsen and all that she is. How blessed we are to have the courage of the greatest husband and wife that Ive ever known leading us in this battle and great work! and Wahoo Im still going!"
Love, Hermana Gillum
So yes, this week was emotional, and miraculous. I have never felt so much love as I did at the baptism of sweet Natalia. She is family to us and in my heart forever. I love her more than I imagined possible. this mission and these people... are changing who I am... my heart is so full. Im so happy. We are not here in this life FOR US! We are here for others! we are here to better the world!
Nothing... literally.. NOTHING feels better than this. Of that I testify to you whole heartedly. The confidence of God being proud of you, is the greatest happiness in the world. I will honor my covenants with my Father in Heaven for all eternity and honor who I am as His daughter. I will remain steady in a world of swaying values. I will keep going til I drop so I might be worthy and sanctified through trial to one day see His loving face and know Ive done well. I love my Savior so much and I love all of you. Have a great week!
keep looking for ways to serve people all around you each week...
I love hearing about your missionary stories! Besos!
con cariƱo,

No comments:

Post a Comment