Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello Hello!

HELLO all the wonderful people of my life!
I miss you all terribly! I have quite the big smile on my face as I type this because I am incredibly HAPPY!
DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT THIS CHURCH IS TRUE!!!! GOOD BECAUSE IT TRULY IS haha Im so happy to tell you that we have had the most powerful miracles ever this week. No baptisms were possible yet but all of our numbers were high with success. We were able to do so much service for these amazing people of Argentina that we love. These families are so beautiful and they have such a deep place in my heart.
 Our district meetings are now on Thurs. and our Elders are the best! They really help us to be so excited for the work even when its tough. To be completely honest.. Hermana Romo and I worked our tooshes off. Walking miles and miles and helping every person in our path that would let us. When we were at Lorena´s house WOW the spirit was strong! It was a time ill never ever forget. Her husband is a wonderful guy. He is struggling with a few things like believeing in God, and his work is all he cares about he says but I see much more. I see the way he comes home to his three gorgeous daughters and kisses his pregnant wife with their fourth child. I see him hold his children and his desire to be a great father. Then Lorenas wonderful mother is living with all of them now due to problems with alcohol with Lorenas father. I believe the sister also lives there. Its a FULL little house. We stared at them all surrounding the table and felt strongly to watch the clips of Together Forever. When they watched, they cried. They felt the similar problems and concerns. Talk about inspiration! Everything we said seemed to flow out of our mouths so perfectly. The spirit was the teacher and we were just the instruments, here to bear our testimony of what we know is true. Tears streaked my face as I bore testimony. I expressed how much different my life once was, and how this gospel has changed me forever. I told them that I have so many loving people back home whom I call family and I have seen the gospel bless them abundently. I expressed so much love for my Savior and why this is a big deal. We cannot procrastinate, we have to act now and choose to follow him. We have to give Him our whole heart. I reminded them that without faith, we have nothing, only with faith do miracles happen and only through our obedience to Heavenly Father does the mercy of the Savior apply to us. Obedience teaches us so many things. There arent any leaders that I know who have become leaders without first having to be obedient a good majority of their lives. We are promised blessings when we obey and God cannot lie, He only promises us things that He wants and will give us according to our faith and obedience. That is how we show our greatest love to Him. We cannot just say we love God and have that be enough. That is like a parent that says they love their child but never shows love in their actions. I stood before them begging for them to test out the experience. To put it all to the test. Go to church as a family all together, this sunday and watch the blessings your will recieve, not only will you know that God exists but you will also see how very close He actual is and how He can change everything for your good. My companion also started speaking by the spirit entirely when she started promising him specific blessings in his work and family. It was incredible.They all commited and were overwhelmed by the spirit. When we walked out of there my comp and I had this powerful peace and calmness. We both were so amazed at what had just happened. Normally we are a little nervous to walk home at night because many dangerous things have been happening here but this night, we felt a group of angles walking with us. we were not scared in the slightest bit. Its something that I cant explain in words. We had several miracles. We visited many incomplete families and rekindled the fire of their testimonies that have faded out as they have stopped going to church. The most important thing we have focused on is that taking the sacrament is the most important thing. The Saviors atonement for us was not just some small miracle. It is the ONLY way we are saved and can return to live with our families after this life. If we look at church as not a big deal, then we lose several promises and blessings. We also set aside the atonement of our Savior and say, well its okay I dont really care now, but I will next week. The sacrament that we partake of, is the mini-baptism that we ALL need to be prepared and be filled with His love and mercy. It is the most sacred time of the week. I have learned all of this on mission and a mountain of other countless things that I continue to learn and I leave my testimony that the scriptures are truly the words of our loving Father in Heaven who has given us so many things to support us and light the way if only we will do our part at searching the deep mysteries he has for us. Life is a big deal. Every second of every day must at some point or another be accounted for. Our works, whether good or evil will all add up to our reward that we choose. This life is to CHOOSE LASTING ENDURING HAPPINESS OVER MERE AMUSEMENT! We are so blessed to have the things we do. If we are focusing on what we lack, than He will teach us humility. If we are focusing on what we envy and wish we had, He will test us with the things we already have that we should be more grateful for. ALL in all, if we are not focusing on the positive things and aligning our will with His will, we CANNOT be fully happy. We just cant. That is why so many people are looking for remedies to keep them happy and they just cant seem to fill a little hole that they still have. Im so grateful for serving a mission. wow, ive truly taken on the hardest and yet most rewarding challenge of my whole life.
 
 Today we traveled out to Zarate to play sports with the Elders and we all got to work in the kitchen cooking up a storm of empanadas and salads. It was SO much fun. We have a really great bond in our district and its obviously really helped the work because we are all doing better and better. We took some good pics but ill have to send them next week because we got to get going.
 
 I recently recieved an email from Stephanie Myers saying she wants to serve also... I promise you Stephanie, it will be the best thing you EVER did! Im so happy for you! My companion is by far my BEST FRIEND. I never knew truly loyalty until I met her. She is someone I will always have by my side for the rest of my life. I wouldnt trade in these experiences for anything! In other news that has also caught my interest: My comps brother updated her in her email a bit about the following, GREENBAY TOOK SUPERBOWL whoooo! thats our team!!!! He said that ARCADE FIRE came out with a new album... man, im going to have to buy that in a year haha. So theres riots in Egypt eh? In his very words, END OF THE WORLD HERE WE COME!!!! whoooo! Mom thanks for the updates with everything and Joce, btw sis, grow out your hair k and we will see whos hair is longer when i get home! Tal I hope you guys got my letter in the mail. Woog im so glad to hear about Hailey tearin it up on her mini. Thanks Robin for all the Supercross status sounds like its been an awesome year! BYU won! whooo thats awesome thank you Marlin! and RO thanks a million for the real american peanut butter that stuff has fed me for the last two months thankfully when we dont have anyone to give us lunch. We are living like a bunch of college kids again but without the life saving ever so famous ramen noodles and mac n cheese so PB & J´s became quite the blessing!!!! thank you! So it was good to hear a little about all that stuff you guys! Its always interesting to hear a little bit about the real world, but still... what a BLESSING to live the life of a missionary. Saving souls, feeding these people physically and spiritually! amazing! Im living one of my dreams right now and I plan to live them all!
 
 Miracles are happening left and right thank you for all the support and your prayers while we are out here playing a part in bettering this world as best as we can, one area at a time. You guys are amazing keep pressing forward
every single one of you better be super happy, because its a choice to be happy everyday!
and keep smiling.. life is so GOOD!!!! xoxoxox
 
SEE YOU ALL IN ONE YEAR!!!! .... or maybe ill just stay here... haha
 
con MUCHíSMO AMOR,
 Hermana Gillum

No comments:

Post a Comment